– Considering the focal point of the guests, investigating their wishes, expectations and needs and ensuring that appropriate services are planned and provided,
– To do it right first and every time, to correct the error immediately, to establish ISO 9001 and HACCP standards,
– To increase the motivation of the employees by creating an atmosphere of love, respect and peace in the business,
– Providing its employees with continuous training on quality understanding, hygiene and food safety, to ensure their development,
– To produce and service in hygienic environments in accordance with legal regulations,
– To ensure the quality and reliability of our products by using TSE branded raw materials that comply with the Food Codex,
– To make quality measurable, to set targets to ensure continuous improvement in the services provided, to ensure the unity of the employees and the management.
OUR ENVIRONMENTAL / OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
– As Ephesia Hotels, while realizing its products and services; In order to meet the welfare, health and safety needs of our employees, visitors, subcontractors and our environment at the highest possible level;
– To establish, maintain and continuously improve the Occupational Health and Safety / Environmental Management System,
– İş Sağlığı ve Güvenliği / Çevre konusundaki performansımızı en üst düzeye getirmeyi,
– To carry out trainings with all our employees in order to continuously increase our skills, experience and knowledge,
– To increase our compliance by informing our subcontractors, our suppliers and visitors about our Occupational Health and Safety / Environmental Management System,
– To prevent pollution by minimizing the effects we give to the environment,
– To prevent accidents, occupational diseases and damage related to Occupational Health and Safety,
– To comply with the national legislation on Occupational Health and Safety / Environment and the relevant legislation of the countries we work with. In this direction, our goals and targets will be determined and monitored.
EPHESIA HOTELS HUMAN PERSPECTIVE AND PERSONNEL POLICY
Differentiation of the business by creating a nice working environment, rewarded and motivated staff. Good working methods and practices, recruitment and retention of qualified people in business knowledge, as well as the reduction of recruitment and start-up costs, prepare the ground for increasing productivity. The main elements of our personnel policy are that the salaries are at market levels, and additional contributions such as housing, clothing, food, transportation are offered to our employees. Opportunities should be provided to acquire new skills: eg. language courses, in-service training and counseling programs (guidance from experienced colleagues to new recruits) and so on. Ensuring the participation of the staff in hotel activities and receiving their opinions about possible improvements. Encouraging seasonal workers to come back next year. Interviews with the personnel who left the job. Providing equal opportunity without discrimination on race, religion, language, gender, age. Employment of disabled personnel and positive discrimination against female employees form the basis of the personnel policy of Ephesia Hotels.
SOME OF OUR PRECAUTIONS FOR THE ENVIRONMENT
The following studies are carried out in our company, which has ISO 14001 Environmental Management System. “EFFECTIVE USE OF LIGHTING AND EQUIPMENT”. By turning off all lights and equipment when they are not needed, trainings were given to use less energy, extend their life, reduce the need for maintenance and raise awareness of saving.
- USING ENERGY SAVING BULBS
- APPLICATION OF CONTROLLED ENERGY USE
- USING A LOW-FLOW SHOWER
- REDUCING THE FLOW OF FAUCETS
- WARNINGS ABOUT RE-USE OF TOWELS AND BEDSET.
- REGULAR MAINTENANCE ON TOILETS
- WORKING WITH SUPPLIERS
- WASTE MANAGEMENT APPLICATION
Wholesale purchase; using bulk products instead of disposable products, where possible; choosing at least a paper cup instead of a disposable plastic cup; refillable cans, bottles, etc. in the bathrooms of the rooms. gifts are tried to be used.
GIVEN FOR RECYCLING
Recycling bins are placed in various parts of the facility in order to recycle paper and cardboard, glass, plastic, metal (aluminum, iron, copper, brass) wastes, and customers’ wastes as much as possible.
Building exterior insulation.
CLIMATE CHANGE AND TOURISM
Hotels and other hospitality businesses play a crucial role in enabling local residents to fully benefit from tourism: they can provide fair employment opportunities to local residents, or they can only pay attention to purchasing local products and services (This also reduces the burden of air transport). Tourism enterprises should do their best to minimize the environmental impact of their activities and reduce their carbon emissions to the atmosphere. For this, we use Solar Energy in both our facilities, planting trees, have our chimneys cleaned and maintained and inspected, we have made emission measurements and obtained our environmental permit. We have the principle of working by taking the necessary precautions in order not to harm the environment.
Our facilities with sea water control hold the title of Blue Flag Beach.
Biodegradable cleaning materials are used.
CHILD PROTECTION POLICY
We do not support children’s rights as declared by UNICEF.
– Right to speak,
– Sexual Abuse,
Our sensitivity is high in headings.
When purchasing products, as long as there is no significant difference in terms of price and quality, it is within the purchasing policy to search and select those who have the following characteristics within the framework of sustainable service and existence understanding:
– Those made from recycled products or recyclable.
– Sustainably produced / sourced from sustainable sources
– Fair Trade / Organic / FSC / MSC etc
– Delivering with less packaging
– Energy and water saving
– Environmentally sustainable
– By choosing local producers and local products, it is ensured that the people of the region are developed, the promotion of the product in the region, less transportation, less air pollution and sustainable service and development.
SAMPLE STUDIES FROM THE DEVELOPMENT REPORT
– Our facilities have been meeting the Competition Team Accommodation at the Golden Pigeon Festival for the last 4 years.
– We are doing different studies to support education.
– There is a dog house donation box for stray dogs in our facilities.
– We have a bronze award from Otel Puan.com for 2 years in a row, very good, good and excellent certificates from Zoover and Tripadvisor.
– ISO 90012001 / ISO 10002 / ISO 14001 / ISO 18001 / ISO 22000 systems are installed and certified in our facilities.
– Ephesia Hotels employees volunteers donated blood to the Kızılay.
– In our facility, local delicacies are introduced to our guests. In fact, as in the example of the traveling lemonade, the presentation is made with the traditional dress of the past.
– We contributed to the employment of the unemployed in the region by participating in the Employment Fair.
– We created a fruit and vegetable garden in our facility. Tomato, pepper, eggplant and cucumber are available in this garden. Apart from this, there are fig, mulberry, apricot, tangerine, olive and banana trees in our hotel. This hotel also creates the opportunity to see and touch the fruit in its branch, and to get to know nature, especially for our children guests.
– A solar energy system was installed in Ephesia Holiday Beach Club in recent years. In addition, 90% of the heat used for water heating in Ephesia Resort Hotel has been used from solar energy since 2003.
– We planted trees by working with Tema Foundation.
– We prepared Environmental Efficiency surveys and printed them on recycled paper. In these surveys, we created awareness among our guests both with our practices and our sensitivity to environmental protection. We created the opportunity to act together.
– Environmental Trainings were given to all our personnel in both our facilities.
– Chemical waste contaminated packages are given to licensed companies and disposed of.
– We have a blue flag on our beach. We have a Blue Flag Board and we make some information on this board.
OUR QUALITY POLICY
– We clean the beach area daily.
– We pay special attention to protect beneficial species (such as HONEY BEES) from being harmed during Environmental Spraying.
– Our land has been allocated to the volunteer group, who want to draw attention to the importance of water consumption, to set up tents and camp.
– Working in partnership with İŞKUR for employment, our facility has been turned into a training place and applied training has been given to those who are directed by İŞKUR to have a job in the tourism sector.
– Various trainings were given to all personnel.
– Food scraps are sent to the dog house.
– Cityguide has been prepared to contribute to the promotion of Kuşadası.
– We organize festivals for the promotion of our region (such as CHERRY FESTIVAL-PEACH FESTIVAL-WATERMELON FESTIVAL-GRAPE FESTIVAL)
– Gala nights, local dishes, music shows and Turkish Nights are organized for the promotion of our region.
– Also on special nights, products unique to us such as old lemonade shops in costume, bite makers, raw meatballs and boiled corn are introduced.
– Food is offered at the EGE Corner, which is special to our region, as well as the presentation and information such as kumru, tulum cheese, olive oil, special honey, to our guests.
– Has become a corporate member of EKODOSD.
– We work to reduce energy and water consumption, we train and buy our equipment according to this principle. In addition, we are trying to contribute to the development of the region and to prevent transportation and thus air pollution by trying to supply from local producers.